Frequently Asked Questions
- How are you?
- Very well, thanks.
- How much will it cost?
- All proofreading projects are a minimum of $10. Anything over 400
words will be charged at a rate based on the total word count, given
in the table on the home
page. My standard policy is to not include things like the title
page and index in the word count, but you can certainly specify what
should and should not be proofread from the beginning.
- Can I send you a local check?
- I can only accept payments through PayPal. If you don't have a
PayPal account of your own, you can pay with a credit card through the
- When can you start?
- This will always vary: I can usually begin smaller projects by
the next business day, but it's always best to give me as much notice
- What is the fastest way to reach you?
- Generally, the only way to reach me is by email,
I can't always reply right away, but I do check my email multiple
times daily and make an effort to respond to all emails within
- Can you write a 50 page term paper if I provide you with
- Probably, but I won't. I don't write papers; I proofread them.
Do your own damn homework. I will give you a few tips, though:
hyphenate "50 page," and you generally want to end questions with a
- Do you work on Sundays?
- Sometimes, depending on my schedule and the project, but I
typically proofread on weekdays only. I ask that you consider the
length of your paper and how quickly you need it back when contacting
me. That said, I actually have a lot of fun proofreading (I don't find it any less
weird than you do) and will always try to fit it in where I can.
- Would it be possible to show me the errors on the side in red?
- Actually, when proofreading a Word document, I use the Track
Changes feature, which highlights all the changes I make in red.
You can then navigate through the changes and review them before
accepting them so that you can make sure that I haven't inadvertently
altered the meaning of your writing. I also leave comments in boxes
on the side if there's anything that requires you to make a judgment
call or if I just have a suggestion. Fortunately, if you trust my
work implicitly or are entirely uninterested in any suggestions I
make, all changes can be automatically accepted and all comments
deleted with just a couple of clicks.
Have questions of your own? Email me at
email@example.com to ask about anything you want to know.